Friday 10 April 2009

Finished!

Finally we finished filming our short film for our media coursework. It took a long time and proved to be more difficult and time consuming than we had first anticipated.
I have found that i got a great experience from making this film and it has also enabled me to become more experienced when using the camera equipment and also the different programmes needed to produce our film, such as FinalCut Express, GarageBand and LiveType.
I am very pleased with the overall outcome of the film; I think the music that we created on GarageBand is very effective and works well with the ambiance of the film, especially where we added drums to increase the suspense and tension of the film.

Here is our film:


We did experience a few problems during the actual filming, such as movind the camera smoothly through the hallway (which involved placing the camera and tripod on a piece of carpet and then pulling it along the floor.) It was also quite difficult to film from inside the curtains as the window ledge was very small and so Susie and I had to hang outside the window to achieve this shot.
A few arguements over credit fonts also cropped-up but these were soon quickly resolved.
Overall, I enjoyed filming our coursework and I am happy to see the finished product.

No comments: